Do You Want to Start a Blog and earn $1,000 per month?
If your answer is “Yes”, then I really appreciate your decision!
Also, I will give you a complete blogging guide and help you to start your online blogging journey.
Blogging can make your full-time career option and thousands of bloggers in the world are making impressive income through their blog.
Today In this article, I will show how to create a professional blog effortlessly for almost free and make some good money online.
The great thing about running a successful blog is you not only make a good amount of money with it, but also get to do so many other things.
I started my blogging career in 2018.
I started my blogging career for three best reasons. The reasons are:
- I wanted to help many peoples
- I really wanted to earn money online by blogging
- I wanted to do affiliate marketing
Also, I have some other reasons for starting my blog. The reasons are:
- Blogging makes you a good writer and thinker.
- You meet thousands of new peoples & followers per day through comments, social media, or emails.
- You can help and inspire other peoples through your blog articles.
- You can promote your own business or services through your blogging strategy.
- You can become popular and more confident about your work.
- You can market any 3rd party products through affiliate marketing.
Whatever the reason is, the point is a blog can be a very powerful tool for achieving various types of goals.
When you will get so many benefits and you can create a blog with a minimum investment. Then why not you will create your own blog today and earn money online or affiliate marketing.
And now I want to help out others who want to learn blogging or affiliate marketing.
So, let started now!
Can Free Blogs Make Money For You?
You can start a free blog with very trusted sites like Blogger.com, Wix.com, WordPress.com, etc.
But there are so many limitations to creating a free blog.
You can start a blog by using those sites.
But If you want a professional blog and professional income which you get huge income for the long run, then you should make a paid blog by using the paid domain (annually basis) and paid hostings (monthly basis).
To make you more clear, here I will give you some real reasons why you shouldn’t start a free blog.
#1. If you create a blog by using free sites like Blogger.com, Wix.com, etc. Then the domain name of your blog will look like YourBlog.blogspot.com or YourBlog.wix.com which is too lengthy to read as compared to a paid blog that reads YourBlog.com.
#2. You will face some serious limitations incorporating many design changes.
#3. Your monetization will become very affecting your revenue adversely.
#4. If you want to transfer your free hosted blog to a paid hosted blog, The whole process of shifting from free to paid one is very difficult and you might also lose some of the traffic & revenue.
So the thing about it!
#5. If your blog was created using free, Your readers, advertisers, and clients are not going to take you seriously. Because they all want professionals. And free sites are not professional.
#6. Lastly, you are not in control of your content.
Because everything is in the hands of the free platform that you are using. If anything goes wrong with your blog, they can suspend your blog and you can’t do anything.
Because they have their right to do so.
I hope, the above reasons are good enough to convince you that not a professional idea for creating a free hosted blog.
And now, if you want to buy a self-hosting with any web hosting company, you have to pay more than $100.
So today, I will show you how to get a full-featured self-hosted blog for less than $65. You will also get a free domain and free SSL certificate with this domain.
SSL certificate makes your blog more secure from hackers
How to Start A Blog
Now you can start a blog from getting a domain name to hosting for just $65 (Rs 4,800/- in India).
Here I will show you the step-by-step procedures to get up and running your first ever blog.
Step 1: Choose a Right CMS (Content Management System)
Step 2: Select an Appropriate Domain Name
Step 3: Selecting the best Hosting Provider
Step 4: Setting up your Blog
Step 5: Designing your Blog
Step 6: Start to Earn money online
Let’s start with each of these steps
#Step 1: Choose the right CMS
CMS or Content Management System is basically a blogging platform like Blogspot, WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Wix, etc where you are going to put all your data and files in it.
There are so many blogging platforms are available now. So we are going with WordPress. Why? Because:
- WordPress CMS is free for you.
- It is very easy when you design your blog and understand its dashboard.
- WordPress gives you maximum flexibility. So that you can design any kind of website with the help of their free and paid themes.
- Right now there are over 75,000+ free plugins which are offered by WordPress to run your blog faster and efficiently.
There are almost 80% of blogs in the world are currently using WordPress. Even I use WordPress for all my blogs including this blog.
So, I personally highly recommend you to create your first wonderful blog by the use of WordPress CMS (Content Management System).
#Step 2: Select an appropriate domain name
This step is most important for you. Because a domain name is going to reflect your brand name and as well as your blog’s niche.
So that you have to do more research on your blog by choosing a perfect domain name that will reflect what is your blog/ website about.
SudipChowdhury.com is all about Blogging, SEO and Digital Marketing. I choose the name keeping my niche and audience in my mind.
So that you have to do the same thing in your blog.
Before you purchase your domain name, just keep in your mind these tips:
#1. Because by using the .com domain extension, you can target and spread your blog worldwide.
#2. But somehow if you don’t find .com domain, then feel free to go with other extensions like .in, .org, .net, .info, .co etc. top-level domains.
#3. Always Ignore the number and dash in the domain. For example SudipChowdhury123.com or Sudip-Chowdhury.com.
#4. Because if you purchase your domain by using a number or dash, then it hard to remember your visitors. So, you might lose your visitors.
#Step 3: Selecting the best hosting provider
WordPress is just a Content Management System or you can tell it is software which you can create your blog by putting all the important files together.
But where are you going to host your blog?
That is what you need a hosting provider.
Do you know what is hosting provider?
A hosting provider stores all your contents of your blog just like text files, CSS files, images, videos, etc. in one place and make it available worldwide.
So you need a hosting provider to use your domain name and make it accessible all around the world.
But which hosting provider is best for you?
In the last 2 years, I have used and experienced many hosting providers. But one of the most reliable hosting providers I came across is Bluehost.
Most of the top bloggers and WordPress.org are recommend Bluehost as their first choice.
One of the best things that I like about Bluehost is its customer support. You can chat with Bluehost online 24×7 and in most cases, they can solve your problems in just 5 minutes.
So, it is a great customer service that you always want it.
#Step 4: Setting Up the WordPress Blog with the Bluehost Hosting
The actual price of the 1 year hosting with a domain is $95.88 but if you use my special discount link then you will get the hosting for just $71.40 and you get your domain and SSL certificate for FREE.
For a 1 year hosting plan, you will have to pay 71.40 ($5.95/month).
For 2 years hosting plan, you will have to pay $118.80 ($4.95/month).
If you choose 3 years hosting plan, then you will have to pay 142.20 ($3.95/month).
So, if you choose a 3-year plan, you will get an extra discount from the Bluehost hosting provider.
So go ahead and create your first blog for just $95.88 (here I will show you a 1-year hosting plan).
To make it clear and more simple for all new bloggers just like you, I will now be using images with pointers.
- Visit Bluehost here
- Click on the green color “Get Started” button.
3. Now you are redirected to the Bluehost hosting plan’s page. There are four plans which are offered by the Bluehost Basic, Plus, Choice Plus, and Pro. Choose the Basic Plan if you want to start just one blog.
4. If you are planning to start more blogs in the future, then you can buy Plus Plan. In the future, you can start multiple blogs with the same hosting without paying any money.
Read all the features carefully and click on the green color “Select” button.
5. On the next page, then you have to add your free domain name (Refer to step no. 2) for deciding your domain. Type your beautiful domain and click on the ‘Next‘ button.
If you want to decide later, then you can just click on the “I’ll create my domain later“ button.
The Bluehost will set up your blog on a temp domain. As soon as you decide on your domain later, it will be added to your blog. Here I chose my domain name digitalmarketingindelhi.com.
6. On the next page, you will have to add account information. Enter your Name, Address, and Other details. You should choose 12 months in the ‘Account Plan‘. You also get a free SSL along with your free domain. SSL certificate makes your site from HTTP to HTTPS. “HTTPS” makes a good reputation for Google’s search traffic.
You don’t need Domain Privacy, SiteLock Security & Codeguard Basic. So that you can untick all 3 Extras in the ‘Package Extras‘. But if you need those, you can select those options.
Your Total price will be $71.40 after you remove extras.
7. After that, you need to add your payment information. You can make payments through credit card or PayPal. Then check the Bluehost terms box and click on Submit.
8. After clicking the “purchase now” button, you will get a success message from the Bluehost hosting provider. Then click on ‘Create Account‘.
9. On the next page, you will now have to create your password for the Bluehost account. You should create a strong password.
10. Next, you will see the Login screen as below. Click on ‘go to login‘.
11. Now login to your Bluehost hosting account with the password that you have just created. Type your created password and click the ‘Login‘ button.
12. On the next page, you need to set up your blog. Add your blog name and tagline. Enable ‘Do you want a Blog?’. Select ‘My Home Page’ for the ‘Display blog post on’ option. Then click on ‘Continue‘.
13. On the next page, it will ask “Tell us a bit more about you”. You can choose what you like OR refer to this as the image below.
Then click on the “Continue to Theme Selection“ button.
14. On the next page, you can select any theme as per your likes. These are completely free themes. You can skip this step if you did not like any themes. If you do not select any theme for your blog, then it will install the latest theme from WordPress CMS (Content Management System).
15. Now, on the next page, your blog will be set up on a temporary domain name as shown in the image below. Your actual domain will be added to your hosting in the next 2-3 hours. The Bluehost recommended some settings, you can tick what you like. After that, click on the blue color ‘WordPress‘ button.
16. Now you will then taken to your WordPress Admin Panel and you will be taken to your WordPress Dashboard as shown in the below picture.
And now, use all the powerful but simple to use WordPress features to transform your blog into a master website.
(You can log in to your account by adding “/wp-admin” to your blog and then login with your email and password. For example. “yoursite.com/wp-admin”).
#Step 5: Designing Your Blog/ Website
Now, here are some of the most important things to do after creating your blog/ website.
#1. Create a new user account
Now you have already created an administrator account.
As you are an administrator, If you want, then you can make any changes to your blog.
You can install any type of theme, plugins create any post, pages, categories, and users.
You have to create your user id and password very strong for your own security purpose.
Because spammers and hackers can attack your blog by using their spam and malicious activity. So if they are able to guess your user id and password, then your blog will be under attack.
So in that case, you need to publish your blog posts, pages, and moderate your blog’s comments you receive on your blog from an Editor account.
You can easily create an Editor account by clicking on Users as shown in the above method.
- Click Users –> Add New
- Enter a username, email, First name & Last name of a new user.
- WordPress will suggest a strong password. Click on the ‘show password’ button to see your password. Copy this password and note down any private notepad.
- Choose the role of ‘Editor’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add New User.
So, now if you want to publish any post or page from your Editor account, you can logout from the option on the top right and log in by using the Editor username and password.
The login URL for your blog is “yourblog.com/wp-admin”.
#2. Install a theme after starting your blog
When you install a WordPress CMS (Content Management System) for creating your blog, WordPress always installs a default theme on your blog.
The theme is the most important part when you showcase your blog or website to worldwide visitors. The theme can completely change your blog’s lookup, design, and styles.
In WordPress, there are thousands of free themes that are available. You can choose any themes which can be fit for your blog.
If you want to install any free theme on your blog, then take your mouse to the ‘Appearance‘ option and then click on the themes option.
Then click on the ‘Add New’ button and you will find the thousands of free themes that are available for you to showcase your blog.
Apart from this, you can check the details and preview of each theme and install the one.
If your budget permitted to expense some money, then you can find thousands of premium themes.
Also, you can use any one theme to load your site faster and look more professional. Click here to buy this theme
Experiment with your theme and make a great design.
#3. Install Important Plugins
WordPress plugins are software that helps you to add more impressive features to your blog and make it more efficient & faster.
You have to install some of the important plugins for starting your blog.
Click on ‘Plugins’ and then ‘Add New‘ to install plugins.
Some of the important plugins are Yoast SEO, JetPack, Contact Form 7, Akismet, Classic Editor, WP Super Cache, Smush.
If you want to make your post SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Optimized and Google’s friendly, then the Yoast SEO plugin is best for you.
Alternatives, you can use the RankMath SEO plugin for SEO purposes. You can choose any one of these.
You can search these plugins and click on ‘More Details’ to know more about each plugin.
Click on the ‘Install Now’ button and then click on the ‘Activate’ button to install and activate your plugin.
#4. Add Your First Post
You should write detailed posts and publish at least 2-3 posts every week.
You have to keep in mind that, your readers should be happy and satisfied by reading your posts.
If your readers are like your post, then Google will rank your posts and give a high amount of traffic if you give high-quality content with original ideas.
As per the RankMath SEO plugin, write your post at least 600 words posts and publish them on your blog. If you can write more than 600 words, then go for it.
Take your mouse to ‘Post’ and click ‘Add New’ to add your first blog post.
Add a title in the ‘Add title’ section & copy your article in the text area.
Add a good image to your post. And then click on the Publish button to publish your post.
So, this is your first post after starting your blog.
Always keep writing and publishing such high-quality and awesome posts.
Step 6: Start Earning From Your Blog
Blogging is becoming a very popular and full-time career option in India as well as around the world.
Thousands of bloggers and Affiliate Marketers are making $1000 to $10,000 or even more per month from their blog.
So if you want to earn some good money with your blog, you need to become very serious about your blog.
For starting your blog, you will not be making any money. But you need to work very hard if your target is $1000+ per month.
Your income will depend upon the number of quality visitors you bring to your blog.
The more traffic you bring to your blog, the more money you can make.
You can improve your SEO-optimized content by using SEMrush.
Always focus on the quality content that peoples find educating, problem-solving, and entertaining to read.
Good content is not enough if it fails to reach out to a wider audience.
Your blog is of no use if it can not rank high on the Google Search engine. Hence you also need to learn SEO for ranking high on Google.
So this was my complete guide on how to start a blog and make $1,000 per month or even more than that.
Read this complete blogging guidance again and again. In the next post, I will start with Affiliate Marketing related posts.
Would you like this guidance? Would you recommend other peoples?
Mention your valuable opinion. I would love to see your comment.